Replacement nuts for motors

I fired up my drone and flew it outdoors for a very simple test flight which consisted of a takeoff, ascent to maybe 5 feet, hovered for 10 seconds and landed. Unfortunately the nuts on the top of 2 of the motors came off as it descended and it was a rough landing. Fortunately it was in some soft grassy area. Unfortunately the nuts on the top of the motor were propelled by the props and I haven’t been able to find them.

I thought I made sure that the props were turning the right direction and nuts were secure. In fact, the drone did take off and seem to hover without issues for about 10 secs. Is there a chance that somehow the motors loosened the screws?

I’m going to do some more testing with the props on next time and the drone secured to the ground.

In the meantime, can anyone point me to a site where I can get just the nuts? I hope I don’t have to buy the entire motor.

Hello, We had the same thing happen to us. We tightened the nuts again and have not had any further issues. Here is a site you can pick-up some propeller caps.

Thanks for the feedback @tdwilhlem. Much appreciated.

I’ve already fired off an order for the caps.
Regarding the caps and tightening. I seem to recall that the build video warned against tightening them too much so I simply hand tightened them. This time I’m going to do the same and then do a 1/4 turn or so. Let me know if I should do something different.

Thanks again.