Bluetooth on rpi4

Hi!

I wonder if you have been able to use bluetooth on your raspberry pi 4?

while scaning for devices i keep getting “No default controller available”. I have you experienced it? and solved it?

Best!

It has been disabled in the config.txt file by dtoverlay=disable-bt, right?

So it might be asked how to enable it and still have serial functionality? You can use /Serial0 in lieu of /ttyAMA0 for the ‘newer’ RPi’s and maybe use miniuart-bt,krnbt=on to use with /ttyS0?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raspberrypi/firmware/master/boot/overlays/README

I haven’t had luck with it.

Hi @jax200

What if i use a dongle to connect to the headset and then plug it in the usb port in the pi? Will i then still need to enable the bt in the txt file? :slight_smile:

Thanks man! I really appreciete your time

I thought you were referring to the companion RPi used with the drone? Why do you want to use a headset?
If just with the RPi alone there are plenty of tutorials on setting up the bt.

Yes! i am referring to companion RPi used with the drone. But i want to verbally send command to the drone instead of using the computer

I tried to follow these threads but no luck.

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=261753

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/how-to-setup-bluetooth-on-a-raspberry-pi-3/

I can now connect my headphones with the rpi but i could not use the microphone for some reason. so i am looking for other options :slight_smile:

So you are aware of Caleb’s latest project here that might help with what you want?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrLCODU5a8U

I did this on another (option 3):
https://maker.pro/raspberry-pi/tutorial/the-best-voice-recognition-software-for-raspberry-pi

Also see:
https://howchoo.com/pi/bluetooth-raspberry-pi

I have used this to speak into a mic which runs code and displays text on a moving LED display. It asks for a language and what I want to say. It then displays what I say in English in the language I choose and reads it out of a speaker.

Thanks!

i do not have a webbcam so i tried an usb wireless adapter, but still the pi cannot regonise the hardware :frowning:

Hi @jax200

i followed the video and tried the audio to text on the pi but it failed to find the audio :confused:

I’m not going to be much help, but I noticed “usb” is not in your configuration?

thx, changed it but still not working.

keep getting recognition request failed: Unauthorized

feedback when i run the script maybe @caleberg knows?

No handlers could be found for logger “playsound”
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.front.0:CARD=0’
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0’
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.surround40.0:CARD=0’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘defaults.bluealsa.device’
ALSA lib conf.c:5036:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘defaults.bluealsa.device’
ALSA lib conf.c:5036:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823:(_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition ‘cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=6,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2’
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958:{AES0 0x6 AES1 0x82 AES2 0x0 AES3 0x2 CARD 0}
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
Using device ID 1

recognition request failed: Unauthorized
Likely that no audio found
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File “speech_to_text_demo.py”, line 78, in
audio_text = text_from_audio(3)
File “speech_to_text_demo.py”, line 31, in text_from_audio
audio = r.listen(mic,phrase_time_limit=listen_duration)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/speech_recognition/init.py”, line 620, in listen
buffer = source.stream.read(source.CHUNK)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/speech_recognition/init.py”, line 161, in read
return self.pyaudio_stream.read(size, exception_on_overflow=False)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyaudio.py”, line 608, in read
return pa.read_stream(self._stream, num_frames, exception_on_overflow)
KeyboardInterrupt

Manage to do some changes but still not working.

here is the response

No handlers could be found for logger “playsound”
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1108:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823:(_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1108:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Using device ID 1

This might be the issue since i am not using bluetooth