TFmini Plus and Navio 2 pinouts

The Benewake TFmini Plus connector pinouts are GND SCL SDA +5V while the Navio 2 I2C are GND SDA SCL 5V. If the SCL and SDA pins on the TFmini Plus are not swapped to match those of the Navio 2, then entering i2cdetect -y 1 on the Raspberry PI does not show the TFmini Plus as a connected I2C device. When the pins are swapped, then TFmini Plus is shown at address 10 (decimal 16).

Using an Arduino Uno, I verified that my TFmini Plus works when configured for I2C. I also verified that the RNGFND1 parameters are correct. However, mavproxy, and any other GCS, show “APM: PreArm: Rangefinder 1 was not detected”. Anyone have any idea what might be causing the Rangefinder not to be detected?

I am having the same issue and was planning to contact Benewake after their holiday. Just to be sure, Mission Planner what settings did you use?

I used the settings from https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-benewake-tfmini-lidar.html for the TFminiPlus.

RNGFND1_TYPE = 25

RNGFND1_ADDR = 16

RNGFND1_MIN_CM =10

RNGFND1_MAX_CM = 600

RNGFND1_GNDCLEAR = 12

BTW I am using Linux navio 4.19.127-emlid-v7+

Using mavproxy:

(base) david@hp-office:~$ mavproxy.py --baud=57200 --console
Auto-detected serial ports are:
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_DT04GJQQ-if00-port0
Connecting to /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_DT04GJQQ-if00-port0
Connect /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_DT04GJQQ-if00-port0 source_system=255
Loaded module console
Log Directory:
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_DT04GJQQ-if00-port0
MAV> STABILIZE> Received 991 parameters
Saved 991 parameters to mav.parm
APM: PreArm: Throttle below Failsafe
APM: PreArm: Radio failsafe on
APM: PreArm: Rangefinder 1 was not detected

settings good. I am using pixhawk, but probably same issue.

For some reason, the rangefinder worked for a brief period and then reverted to not detected. When it did kind of work, the message “Bad LIDAR Health” was displayed in Mission Planner. If you should receive this message, this link https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-rangefinder-landingpage.html explains in a Tip! what causes the message to be displayed and how to get rid of it.