Replacement Motors / ESCs

Just missed the deadline to respond to Mission Planner - Battery Monitor - Course Questions - Drone Dojo (dojofordrones.com)

I’ve made some progress, now have between 5 & 7 Satellites showing via Mission Planner and the Green light comes on PixHawk - I always have to be out my back and in a certain position, seems like there is too many high walls and trees which did not help.

While making progress thou i had the dreaded smoke coming from an ESC. When i armed the drone and lifted the throttle the back two legs came off the floor and after more throttle caused the front to come off but only after almost full throttle. Good job i was holding one of the legs (safely :slight_smile: ) as one motor stopped spinning and smoke from the ESC with a strangely satisfying burning smell.

I’m thinking i need to replace the ESC and while i’m at it i’m thinking of getting some spare ESCs and Motors. The ones on the Drone Kit are 30A and the motor READY TOSKY RD 2212-920kv

The exact Make and models are not quickly available in the UK, seems to be a few weeks off Amazon whereas ICQUANZX RC 1000KV Brushless Motor A2212 13T with 30A Brushless ESC Set 1045 Propeller CW CCW Accessories Kit Mount for RC Plane DJI F450 550 Quadcopter (1000kv Brushless Motor Set) : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games looks very similar but before i get them i wanted to see what the wise old owls on this forum thought - if it’s OK to use mixed manufactured components and if the 1000kv quoted is ok to mix with 920kv.

Thanks all for your comments.

Replacement Motors and ESC for Drone Kit - UK

Do not mix escs or motors.

You should not be seeing smoke from an esc which indicates its wired wrong or defective.

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.