PreArm/Arm: Battery 1 unhealthy

When getting the drone to arm, I kept getting an error.

I had to connect to Mission Planner to get a readout on what the error was and it is showing up as:

1. PreArm: Battery 1 unhealthy (before attempting to arm the drone)
  2. Arm: Battery 1 unhealthy (after attempting to move the left joystick to arm the drone)

Looking around on the net, it might have something to do with the battery failsafe settings.

I set it up for:
-Low Battery: 9.6
-Reserve mah: 750 (1/4 of 3000 mah)

I am using the Ovonic battery that came with the Pi-Drone kit. I also bought three more knowing that I want to flow a while when I go, but they are all stating the same error.

Any ideas?

I am discharging all of my batteries atm.
Hoping I can ā€˜resetā€™ them.

Iā€™m unclear, what was the charge of the battery?
If the smoke stopper is still connected, then disconnect it. Only need it for initial testing of the sytem.

I really appreciate the reply/support!

I removed the smoke stopper and tried three batteriesā€¦ same results.

What else could it be???

So I removed the smoke stopper and tested on three batteries.
The battā€™s were charged to max with a smart charger (C240 Duo).
Went so far as to fully discharge and then charge.

What should the settings be in Mission Planner for a 3s 50c 3000mah 11.1v?

I have a feeling that the settings might be causing the issue and not the battā€™s.

Could you print out the MP Messages tab when you power up?

It might be related to how you setup ā€˜Battery Monitorā€™ under MP SETUP/Optional Hardware/Battery Monitor. What does that show?

During flight, you want to stop battery discharging around 3.5v/cell, so in a 3S use 10.5V in MP SETUP/Mandatory Hardware/FailSafe/ā€˜Low Batteryā€™ [see https://oscarliang.com/monitor-measure-battery-voltage-alarm-drone/].

Can bypass this by going to MP CONFIG/ARMING_CHECK and uncheck Batter Level for now.

Apology for the late reply.
I was able to get a battery connected and it off the ground following your advice!
Thanks for the help!!

Glad to hear.

What are the correct ā€˜Battery Monitorā€™ settings in MP SETUP/Optional Hardware/Battery Monitor?

Iā€™ve tried a bunch of different settings and none of them seem to provide any battery information. Iā€™m using the PiHawk drone and have built it as close as possible to the directions shown in the 21-Steps & Raspberry Pi drone courses.

This setup is working for me. You are testing with only the LiPo, correct?
battmon

For more information, see https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-power-module-configuration-in-mission-planner.html

Thanks Jax.

I had to set the sensor to 3DR Power Module first, then I could change it to ā€œ0: Otherā€ and calibrate based on what my external sensors were reading. If I tried to go straight to ā€œ0: Otherā€ then every Measured battery voltage that I entered gave an error.

So it is now working or ā€¦?

Yes, itā€™s working now. Thank you for responding so quickly and with such helpful advice.

closed #14

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.