New Copter firmware available

Hello!

Has anyone installed the new firmware yet? I just plugged my pixwawk in and I am getting a message from Mission Planner pompting me to upgrade to Copter 4.3.6 and was wondering if I should. What does this entail? Is it safe, given that I have eveything configured already?

UPDATE: After reading a bit on the ardupilot website, I see that they suggest saving your current set of params to a file before updating, but updating should not over write anything. However, I wonder if this new firmware update will have any side effects with respect to dronekit or any of the precision landing stuff.

I’m thinking try updating the fm to a new SD card with the current params. If it doesn’t work out then go back to the current card. Or just reflash back it to the older version.

Smart. Thats what Ive should’ve done… oh well, too late now lol. I downloaded the new firmware today and had to debug a THRUST_LOSS error by renforcing the XT60/Dean connector and also installing a new motor, so hopefully buster flys decent now. I’'l run the scripts and post an update tomorrow! Hopefully the real world is as forgiving as the simulated world lmfao.

I downloaded and upgraded because nothing was working on the drone before so there is no issue on the upgrade to me as what didn’t work before still isn’t working.

May I ask what isnt working for you?