Installing an UART RangeFinder is not working

I followed the Precision Landing and Drone Delivery Course. Using a Navio2 and Raspbrry PI.
Tried mapping a TF LUNA (Range Finder) using a USB_TTL converter.
I can confirm the sensor is working because:

1. Red LED on the sensor is on.
  2. I get data being send using Putty serially connected to my PC.

I followed the steps outlined, by mapping TELEM parameters to -F (Serial 5) and did the ttyUSB_LIDAR mapping as per the instructions, even tried connecting another TF LUNA via the I2C port, and neither seems to provide range/distance?

You might check this. I have from my notes:

Jax,
Thanks for the replay, but I know the sensor is working for a fact!
Since I can use a simple python program to confirm that the data is being received into the Raspberry pi’s USB port.
I have spent way too much time, checking all the settings and configuration, and the board does not read the LIDAR Sensor at all. This is starting to become less than fun.

The problem seems to be either the configuration or perhaps the Navio2 board? Either way, I’m at my wits end, I tested everything else.

There is this long thread regarding the Luna posted here -
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/new-lidar-sensor-benewake-tf02-pro-tfmini-s-tf-luna-for-drones-uav/58614

Patrick Poirier is an Ardupilot dev who works with lidar sensors. Siya Liu works with Benewake. If you have the energy you might ask them.

Thank you Jax,
I posted the question on Patrick’s Blog. From reading through his blog, it seems he is setting up a “array” of TF-Mini Lidar sensors for obstacle avoidance, and he is connects several sensors using the I2C setup. Which is not really my issue, since I am using the serial connection via a USB port, which is the prescribed method in the Precision Landing Video.
So I’m not sure, why it is not working… I must be missing something…

I was thinking there might be something there, but you could create a new question topic and @ Patrick and Siya for your issue

I posted a new question topic on ardupilot. And the response was underwhelming. Basically try this and try that, based on the documentation, the TF Mini and TF Luna are similar, the data is coming in serially, it just seems that either Ardupilot can’t read it or the NAVIO2 board can’t process it. I’m not sure where to go from here…