Feeling quite neglected

I’m wondering?

Is there anyone on here that can help, as so far I have to say that I am still unable to get this Raspberry Pi/ Pixhawk drone kit build flying!

There have been numerous issues so far, half of which have been heart surgeries. However, that is not the main issues here.

The actual build connecting parts was the easy part and I don’t have a problem with that!

My issues have been with the installation of the software and the calibrations.

I am now with a different internet host. Previously it was SKY (UK) and the SSH was working!

I am now with BT(UK) and apparently this is a smart modem?

The SSH script now returns a time out error. Even though the modem sees 192.168.1.83 for the Pi.

Then I managed to connect Mission Planner to the drone via telemetry. (Bypassing SSH) Directed by Caleb.

Everything then seemed to go fine until the ECU on MOTOR 4 (Back Left), smoked. Several weeks later waiting for parts!

Parts replaced!
New smoked detector installed and turns green, so obviously no soldering issues. Smoke detector removed.

Now motor and calibration fail. Again waited weeks for new motor.

Motor replaced! Smoke detector added turns green and removed.

Mission planner connected and do a motor test.

Test fails.

Changed computer and another copy of Mission Planner (1.3.8479.20539) and motor test A,B,C,D activated motors in the wrong order but spin up.

Motor one = Motor A (Should be - Front left) and spins in the correct direction, CORRECT!

Motor two = Motor B (Should be - Back Right) But motor 4 Back Left spins up but in the correct direction.

Motor three = Motor C (Should be - Front right) But Motor 2 Back right spins up.

Motor Four = Motor D (Should be - back left) But Motor 3 spins up.

Now I return to the other PC and load up Mission Planner again (4.3.3) and attempt the test in sequence. BUT now the test leaves me with MOTOR 3 (front right) barely moving and now goes into anticlockwise direction when just before it was spinning in the clockwise direction and faster equal to the other three motors.
Upgraded Mission Planner on the Vaio laptop to be the latest 4.3.6?
Now again the motors do not spin up?
Leaving email assistance requests have not been answered either.
I feel like I am in a tank full of hungry sharks and the only food source here is me,

Can anyone offer an antidote as this drone disease is becoming way over budget and mentally sickening?

I understand where you’re coming from. I bought this drone kit awhile back and purchased some extra video call sessions (forgot what it was called i think blue something). I wasn’t able to do any of that despite emailing Caleb and asking awhile back. The videos are out of order so it’s not that great to follow. I’m going to give a final try and then move on to other projects probably software related. Hardware projects are definitely harder imo because of the cost and time involved fixing “bugs.”

Crusty

this are the motors, I have motor 4 as the “front left” side. my blue arrow points to where the drone moves forward.
remember that if the motor spins up in the wrong direction, you can switch the cable order. is in one of the videos.

Note this is non-conventional. Normally the numbering is as pictured, but the blue arrow would be pointing upwards.

See: https://dojofordrones.com/topic/wiring-the-esc-pwm-lines-to-flight-controller-2/

See: https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/connect-escs-and-motors.html