ESCs Beeping and Motors Twitching Issue

The drone is fully assembled, but when I connect the drone to power, the ESCs begin beeping constantly every second or so. The motors also begin to twitch in time with the ESCs. I have confirmed that the RC controller is binded to the receiver, reconfigured the ESCs, and unplugged and replugged nearly every wire on the drone. I have rewatched the videos several times to make sure I have done everything correctly. Does anyone here have a solution to this issue?

Additional observations:

• There is a rapidly blinking red light on the PPM encoder. I am not sure what this means.
  • Telemetry is not set up yet, but I believe it does not affect my issue.
  • I am building this drone with a group of similarly inexperienced people. I was not the one who configured the Navio2 and ardupilot, so I have no idea if this is the root cause of my issue.

What happens when you push the safety switch? Assuming the correct firmware was loaded, and wiring is correct, it sounds like an ESC calibration issue.

Hello @jax200, I am stuck on the “calibrating ESC” phase and from this post I take it that the Pixhawk must be flashed before I can calibrate, is that correct? If so, would you happen to have any experience with APM planner for mac? I tried flashing the pixhawk with no luck.

I’m not familiar with APM planner and Mac. You might visit the ardupilot forum to ask.

Thanks. Would you happen to know if it is required to have the pixhawk flashed before ESC calibration?

I do not. What is your objective by not flashing it?

Well, since I am on a Mac, I have to use the APM Planner and it is acting up when I try to flash. I am not trying to avoid flashing, i’m just confused on how to flash. APM planner doesnt do any thing when I am at the “initial setup” tab (I will attach a screenshot). Originally, I was stuck on the calibrating ESC step, which made me think that it had something to do with flashing but now idk because today I tried again and was successful in calibrating the ESC and getting the spin direction correct. However, I am still stuck on the flashing step. QGroundControl is working i.e. it is prompting a flash but I am not sure what selections to make. Would you mind taking a look?

This is what APM planner looks like:
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.23.25 PM.pdf (370.6 KB)

This is QGroundControl drop down:
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 8.18.51 PM.pdf (644.7 KB)

I am not sure what flight stack to choose. I want my setup to align with Calebs setup because I want to perform the precision landing. Its asking me to choose between PX4 Pro Stable and Ardupilot. If I choose ArduPilot, then it asks me choose a board.

You are on the right track. For this course, just choose ardupilot, Pixhawk 1 4.2.2.

okay, cool… also, is there a difference between “ChibiOS” and “NuttX”?

You would have to web search on that but there was a transition to Chibios a few years back.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19645540

Thank you very much @jax200!