Configuring FS-i6X Transmitter- X6B Receiver - Pixhawk

I received an FS-i6X Transmitter and X6B Receiver when I purchased the course. The X6B has really no useful documentation or video on how to configure with a Pixhawk. I was expecting something like an IA6B receiver which is depicted in the course videos, which is very straightforward.

In my case, the FS-i6X Transmitter has an RX setup Output mode for Output and Serial options e.g. PWM and PMM, I-Bus, and S-Bus, respectively. There is also an RX setup I-Bus setup option. Not sure what that is for or if needed???

Also, which port on the X6b receiver should be used depends on the options selected in the transmitter, ostensibly, …S-Bus, I-Bus, PWM, and PPM. But which ones should I use???

I tried many of the options but couldn’t get it to work. Has anyone gotten this to work???

Can you help?

That receiver is really for FPV flyers. I use SBUS exclusively with Pixhawk flight controllers, so I’m uncertain if they are compatible with iBUS.

Regardless, you can try as described for SBUS here:

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-rc-systems.html

Use the setup and binding procedures as described in the transmitter manual. There are also videos for this process on Youtube.

If that doesn’t work then go with the PPM encoder connection as described in the course.

I assume you have the cables but if not they are on Amazon.

Hope that helps.

Remember to never power up a receiver without the antennas attached.

If the receiver did not come with an enclosure I would tape it off for protection.

The receiver is for FPV flyers, that was my initial thought. Thanks for confirming. I will be going with a PPM encoder connection instead. Thanks for the info.

Follow-up. I decided NOT to go with the PPM encoder solution detailed in the course. Instead, I decided to go with a Flsky ia10b receiver, which doesn’t need a separate PPM encoder board. I set the FS-I6X transmitter RX option to PPM and ibus then plugged a three-wire connector into the servo bank on the receiver and the other end to the RC port on the Pixhawk. Everything worked as expected. The additional benefit to this configuration is the ia10b receiver has a greater range, 500-600 meters, than the X6B, 300-400 meters, receiver.

Good to hear. Personally I use the FrSky 2.4GHz ACCT RX series with SBUS. No need for an encoder, very easy install and reliable communication.

Good dialogue on receiver options/setup.

For future reference, here is a guide on how to set up the X6B receiver with the pixhawk, from binding to calibrating.

Nice. Thanks for video!