Compasses not being detected correctly anymore

I recently updated my Pixhawk firmware to the one in the videos (apparently I used the wrong one) and it appears my compasses are no longer being detected properly (both were before). I re-setup and calibrated everything else; but I get the message the compasses are not calibrated and when I go into HW ID I see only 1 compass on I2C. I try to calibrate the one compass and it gives me the beep that it completed it successfully and the message that its successful and to reboot the autpilot. When I reboot I still get the same message that the compass isn’t calibrated and the data screen says no GPS. Any suggestions on how I get both compasses to register? I thought my external compass before had a red light that I can see on the top; however, I no longer see it come on.

What exact fm did you use?

Pixhawk 1 v4.0.3 the version recommended by Caleb Berquist.

I just noticed you said the red light wasn’t on. This can result if the connector in the GPS is loose, so not getting power. You might want to open up the GPS housing and ensure it’s connected.

I was wondering if that might be the issue. I am going to recheck all the connections and attempt to open the GPS up itself if I can.

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.