Launch QGC with dronekit script part3

From what I can see you have still not run “…/Tools/autotest/sim_vehicle.py -f gazebo-iris -v ArduCopter”. I do not know why but in this text box, I am typing two dots but three dots are showing up in the command. That command should run, only then will your other script work.
image Run it with two dots like this.

Two dots, not three. And without the inverted commas.

¨

same result :confused:

Thanks for your patience, i am in my learning process :slight_smile:

Remove the quotation marks before and after the command

Ubuntu 18.04.6 (course build); "Launch QGC with DK script part3" mode GUIDED loop hanging (launchSitl basic_template.py)

Hmm this is progress. I think you haven’t installed ArduPilot correctly. Follow these steps once:

1. Uninstall Ardupilot once (delete the repo)
  2. Go to the directory you want to install (on your terminal) and “git clone https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot”
  3. Now just cd into the ardupilot directory and run “git submodule update --init --recursive”
  4. Then run “Tools/environment_install/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh -y” from the ardupilot directory.
  5. Now cd to ardupilot/ArduCopter and run “…/Tools/autoset/sim_vehicle.py -f gazebo-iris”
    Hopefully this should work.

Then you can run whatever you want after putting in guided mode.

sry, I am new to the coding launguage, what do you mean with delete the repo? is it a file or a map? or can i pip unistall ardupilot?

Just delete the ardupilot folder

bad news :frowning: any ideas where it went wrong?

But i can access sim_vehicle.py without starting with “…/Tools/autoset/sim_vehicle.py -f gazebo-iris”

still not in guided mode

Hi!

it did not work to change mode to ‘guided’ under sim_vehicle.py.

is it possible to run to diffrent pymavlink (1.1.69 && 2.06) at the same time?

Hi jashshah999!

For some reason i have to manually click takeoff at the QGC and ‘slide to confirm’ in order to make it work. But isn’t it supposed to do it by itself?

Hi Adel, sorry have been pretty busy. Can you upload the script and the task you are trying to achieve then I will help you out

Hi there @Adel

This may be a QGC issue.

Try downloading this old QGC version (4.0.10)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUfHmUYWOfaxeC_ZEjKNpJJXoUiO9vR5/view?usp=sharing

If you’re still experiencing the error, it may be an ArduPilot version issue.

Try using ArduCopter 4.0.3 if you’re not already.

Hi @caleberg & @jashshah999

my vm crash so i downloaded ubuntu 20.04.

followed the instruction above but i cannot start sim_vehicle.py for some reason. Do you have any ideas?

i am using python3

@Adel

It looks like you have “autoset” and it should be “autotest” so the file is not found, cause the directory is spelled incorrectly. If you fix that you should be good!

Thanks @caleberg

it almost worked but at the end i got this. Any ideas?

Hmm, looks like whatever software versions you are using has some errors.

This is why I recommend using the recommended software versions at the beginning of the course, cause you never know what is going to break and what you’ll need to fix with new updates.

It may be worth it to download and import the pre-configured VM image, which will have the environment already set up and confirmed to be working once you create a VM from the image.

Without having direct access to your system you are using where you’re experiencing the error, it’s hard to offer debug advice. But it is most certainly a version issue.

Hi @caleberg
I re-downloaded the vm box and started from the begining. I have uppdated the QGC software but i am still facing the same issue launching —> launchSitl basic_template.py, where i manually need to swipe takeoff at the QGC to enter the guided mode. The same thing happens when i need to enter to LAND mode :confused: any ideas?
Best
Adel